- John Salkeld, b. England
m. 1833 Louisa Crosby, daughter of Samuel Crosby
Sometime between 1836 and the 1850 census John & Louisa are lost.
There is a John Salkeld who served in the Pennsylania Reserves during
the Civil War but I doubt that this is the same John Salkeld.
- George M. Salkeld, b. 1836, Perry, Ohio
m. Sarah A Haskell, b. 1841, Ohio, d. 1917
George first shows up in the census in 1850 in Perry, Ohio (Lake County) at age 16
as a farmer in the home of M A & Esther Crosby, probably an uncle.
Yes, I know that he can't be 16 in 1850 if he's born in 1836. But he claims later
that his birth year is 1836 and if that's his story then I'm sticking to it.
He should be in the 1840 census, probably in Perry, Ohio, but I haven't
found him. He may be living with his uncle in 1840.
George served in Battery C, 1st Regiment Ohio Light Artillery out of Lake County Ohio,
September 9, 1861 - June 15, 1865
- Frank Salkeld, b. 1861, Ohio
- Fred O Salkeld, b. 1865, Ohio, d. 1914
- Willie E Salkeld, b. 1867, Ohio
Grace L Salkeld, b. 1871, Ohio, d. 1917
m. David Railsback, b. 1868, Kentucky, d. 1945
Pioneer Women of Perry, Lake County, 1800-1850
- Glenn Salkeld, b. 1872, Ohio
- Bertha E Salkeld, b. 1874, Ohio, d. 1893
- John L Salkeld, b. 1877, Ohio
- George M Salkeld, b. 1878, Ohio